We believe that your paint and coatings should work for you, in every sense. While style is certainly a driving priority behind most commercial painting projects, the right products also can deliver crucial safety and surface protection.
Intumescent Coatings: Minimizing Fire Damage in Your Commercial Facility
While we certainly hope they’re never needed, having the strategies in place to minimize fire damage is essential. Intumescent coatings play an essential role, preserving your property’s structural integrity. This protects your investments, but it also (most importantly) protects the people inside your building.
This is an opportunity that we take very, very seriously here at Northstar Painting. Our team specializes in applying intumescent coatings, delivering the highest-performance system possible to meet your needs.
How Do Intumescent Coatings Work?
Typically applied to structural steel and other key points, intumescent coatings react in a unique way to extreme heat and flames. While they may look like regular paint (even available in a number of colors and sheens), these coatings puff up into a sponge-like texture when the heat is on. This substance expands and encapsulates the surfaces they coat, slowing the spread of fire and damage.
What Can We Coat?
While steel is certainly a common surface to coat, we also can help you protect:
- Ceiling Tiles
- Firestop Doors
- Lath & Plaster... and more!
Why Choose Northstar Painting?
- We are fully licensed and insured
- Your project will never be sold to a subcontractor (we handle it directly!)
- We are deadline-driven
- We have extremely high employee retention, allowing us to offer consistent, personalized service from dedicated team members
- Over the years, we have built strong relationships with exceptional vendors. If your project has unique requirements, we take the time to be certain that the ideal product and specifications are chosen for maximum performance.
- Our clients include respected, well-known international brands
- We will coordinate with your team, ensuring that your staff and operations will not be disrupted